Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nov 3 opening at Bandini Art in Culver City

My opening at Bandini Art in Culver City is coming up (reception is November 3, 2007, 6 - 8 pm, thanks... see you there!). I have thirteen new watercolor paintings I will be showing on the walls of the gallery. Out on the floor, on raised platforms, will be the delicate and evocative assemblage sculptures of Ashley McLean Emenegger, my partner in this production. I have finished all the work at this point (I think), and framed all but one piece. Of course, it's always tempting to pull out the glass on a few of the others and make final "adjustments," but who has time for that old obsessive-compulsive business these days? I'm past all that (one hopes), and anyway I'm barely making my deadlines as it is. So far the watercolor goddess has been kind and has not required any do-overs. I would tear up every tenth work as a kind of sacrificial offering, just to be safe, but the occasional restart amounts to about the same thing.

Anyway, here is the most recent (and possibly the last) of the paintings for the Bandini show...

Paul Pitsker, Dryer, 2007, watercolor, 25 x 18 inches

As always, you can see more recent work at paulpitsker.com.
Many thanks for your interest.



No comments: